Public Service Events
YARC encourages its members to assist our community and prepare for emergencies by participating in
public service events. We also encourage you to become a member of the Yavapai County ARES/RACES organization. You do not have to
be a YARC member or an ARES/RACES member to participate in the public service events.
Don’t worry if you are inexperienced, we will pair you up with someone who is experienced.
Also the large majority of assigned locations are easily reachable with an ordinary vehicle on a
paved or hardened dirt road. Don’t worry if you are concerned that you don’t have adequate radio
equipment, as that won’t keep you from being a valuable member of the team.
Frank Bender K8FB Public Information Officer
– Public Service Events Coordinator
Upcoming Public Service Event Communications
2020 YARC Event Schedule…………. YARC is not supporting any public service events in 2020 out of concern for the health of our members. Check back in 2021 – the earliest event possible would be in April, 2021, depending on the status of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Whiskey Basin Trail Run – CANCELLED – Contact: Don Sears N7PLL (email@example.com)
- Whiskey Off Road Bike Event – CANCELLED Contact: Frank Bender K8FB (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Whiskey Row Marathon – CANCELLED – Contact: John Broughton WB9VGJ (email@example.com)
- Chino Grinder – CANCELLED – Contact: Bob Thompson KC8BOB (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Groom Creek Mountain Mayhem – CANCELLED – Contact: Frank Bender K8FB (email@example.com)
- Yarnell Memorial Run – CANCELLED – Contact: Doug Jarmoth N0DAJ (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Prescott Rodeo Parade – CANCELLED – Contact: Frank Bender K8FB (email@example.com)
- March of Dimes Walk for Babies – CANCELLED – Contact: Frank Bender K8FB (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Groom Creek Classic – CANCELLED – Contact: Frank Bender K8FB (email@example.com)
- Skull Valley Loop Challenge – CANCELLED – Contact: Terry Schultheiss KG7BAM
- Man/ Horse Race – October 10, 2020 – Contact Frank Bender K8FB (firstname.lastname@example.org) DUE TO THE ONGOING PANDEMIC, AND IN CONSIDERATION OF THE HEALTH OF OUR MEMBERS, YARC IS NOT GOING TO SUPPORT THIS EVENT IN 2020.
That is the list as it exists at the moment. Thank you for participating in YARC Public Service Events
Signing up for Events……
Check your calendars. Except as noted above, to sign up for any upcoming events you can contact Frank –
K8FB at Public Information Officer.
Signup sheets will also be at the YARC Meetings – they will usually start 2-3 months before the events,
so you can see Frank at the meetings.
Also you can go to ARES/RACES, click on “Calendar”, select “Event Application”, and fill out the
application for the event you want to sign up for.
Public Service Events: Also See ARES/RACES